Advanced Web Ranking: the most accurate way to monitor rankings
Over the years we’ve tried dozens of ways to monitor rankings on the major search engines and none of them have ever been able to deliver accurate results, apart from Advanced Web Ranking.
I have very little patience with rank checkers that don’t show accurate search engine rankings because there is no point in reporting on incorrect information. We used to have an in-house tool for monitoring rankings but Google managed to spot all the IP addresses and started to return strange results. We also tried Raven and a few other hosted systems but none of them showed the same rankings we could see in the office. We decided that rather than try to reinvent the wheel we would just move everything onto a server version of AWR.
The server version is great for a number of reasons. The first is that the data is stored in one central point so everybody in the team has access to the same data when they use AWR on their laptops. The second is that you can schedule AWR to perform regular updates and because it’s on the server you don’t need to worry about leaving your PC on overnight just to ensure the software is running.
The most important thing for rank checking is the ability to see trends across competitors and a wide range of keywords. If you just want to check your website rankings for a handful of keywords each week then you can quite easily do it manually but if you want to accurately see industry trends over a period of months or even years then AWR is the best way to do it.
I’m not going to review all the features here (you can see a full list of features here) but there are a few favourites:
- Ability to track Google Local rankings
- Scheduled updates & backups
- Keyword research tool
- Track competitors rankings
- Multiple users with different rights
- Emailable reports
- WordTracker integration
As you can see from the version list the server edition is the most expensive but if don’t want the server edition then you can pick up the Pro edition for $199 which is a bargain.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users