Killer Auction Ads tip
Not sure why this isn’t common knowledge but you can set the maximum and minimum prices of the items that show up in your Auction Ads.
For instance I sell a fair few phones and use Auction Ads to monetize a very small amount of spare traffic that isn’t suitable for my normal affiliate programs. In the past a keyword search for phone brought up loads of cheap phone chargers and phone covers but if you set the minimum bid to $50 it gets rid of these items and increases your commission.
The way eBay works is that the bids increase near the end of the auction so if you can send somebody to an auction that’s about to end you will get impulse purchases.
Here is the code:
auctionads_ad_kw = "keyword minprice:50";
Replace minprice with maxprice to set the maximum price.
Did everybody else know this already?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation