BBC Responds About External Links
Just to clear something up, I don’t really think the BBC is greedy or selfish, that was just my way of drawing attention to what is quite an important issue.
Clearly it worked because a number of people from the BBC have been looking into the issue and are going to be releasing some improvements in the future.
Quite often organisations do things with the best of intentions that don’t play nicely with the way search engines work. In this case the BBC wanted to measure how much traffic they were sending to other sites so that they could figure out how to send more.
It’s nice to see the BBC responding to feedback in this way and large companies should take note on the way they have handled the issue.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation
- Why your press releases are getting you penalised