Blackberry Storm Overtakes iPhone in Search Volume
It’s the most important Blackberry release since the Pearl in 2006 and is competing directly with the iPhone. Thousands have pre-ordered the device and interest is huge. A post about the Blackberry Storm the other day drew 3000 visitors purely from people searching for the Storm in Google News!
Reuters is saying the Storm will hit the shops on November 14th but Phones4U will have it in stock on Friday 7th.
The Storm has been 18 months in development by RIM and Vodafone — the first time RIM has developed a device together with an operator, and an important step in its strategy to extend its appeal beyond business users to consumers.
A RIM spokesman declined to say how many devices the company expected to sell but said he expected it to be “extremely popular” with both business and general customers.
The BlackBerry Storm’s touch screen indents slightly when it is pressed, and keys on the on-screen keyboard light up when hovered over, reducing the potential for mis-typing that many users experience with touch-screen keyboards.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users