What you can do with Compete Search Analytics
Today I’m pleased to welcome Compete Search Analytics as a new advertiser on BlogStorm.
For those of you who don’t know, Compete offer a competitive intelligence service allowing webmasters to find useful data about their competitors. Think along the lines of having access to your competitors stats package.
Here is how Compete gets data:
Compete estimates site traffic and engagement metrics based on the daily browsing activity of over 2,000,000 U.S. Internet users. Compete applies a rigorous normalization methodology, leveraging scientific multi-dimensional scaling (by age, income, gender and geography) to ensure metrics are representative of the U.S. Internet population. Compete members are recruited through multiple sources, including ISPs, the Compete Toolbar and additional opt-in panels to ensure a diverse distribution of user types and to facilitate de-biasing across the data sources.
The information they can provide is as follows:
- Traffic & user engagement data for a domain
- A list of the popular keywords sending traffic to your competitors site
- A list of popular keywords in an industry
- Keyword comparisons between sites
The data is accurate too, the estimates for monthly traffic on BlogStorm are normally within 10% of real figures.
Quote from Aaron Wall
Compete.com Search Analytics is Amazing
Take the tour here to see how useful this service could be for your site.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation