Confusion Reigns With iPhone Affiliates
This is why I haven’t bothered to promote the iPhone this year. Nobody is organised enough to offer a decent deal for affiliates.
I used to sell hundreds of mobile phone contracts a month on affiliate sites and got a commission of Â£35 a time for them.
Sell somebody an iPhone and you get either nothing or Â£15.38 assuming the phones are in stock and the website doesn’t crash.
This is an email I got today from Commission Junction about O2:
iPhone sold out
Dear Patrick Altoft,
We regret to announce that the current O2 iPhone is sold out. O2 is working on reintroducing it as soon as possible. Updates on new stocks will appear on www.o2.co.uk by the 10th of July. Once the iPhone is reintroduced commission will be Â£15.38
In the meantime remember that O2 also offers excellent commission to affiliates on the following products:
* The iPod Touch in 8GB and 16GB models. Commission is 4% of sale.
* Pay monthly phone applications at Â£35.00 commission and Â£3.50 for each pay as you go order placed
* O2 superfast broadband, with unlimited downloads and free customer service, 24/7. Commissions start at Â£10 up to Â£25.
Please let me know if we can help out or if you have any questions.
Account Development Manager
Commission Junction, a division of ValueClick, Inc.
This is an email I got today from TradeDoubler about Carphone Warehouse.
Carphone Warehouse: No Commission On Pre-order iphones.
The Carphone Warehouse launched a pre-order service for the iphone this week. As you would expect,
response has been huge but at present, these pre-orderes will not be attracting a commission.
We hope to be able to share news with you soon on whether there will be commissions paid on the
iPhone when it officially launches on the 11th July.
In the meantime, you may see a rise in contract sales through the reports and also in your
TradeDoubler accounts. The iPhone orders will be deleted along with other returned/cancelled orders
so you can expect any increase from the iPhone to be cancelled out at the end of the month.
Any questions, let me know.
Personally I’m holding out for the Nokia N96 instead.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users