Free Travel Search Data from Kayak – Brilliant Linkbait
Kayak have just launched a search volume trends tool at Kayak.com/trends showing travel search trends and price index data from a global perspective. The reporting includes: most popular destinations, biggest upward trends and downward trends in destination search and travel pricing. The data can be exported by CSV and includes pricing data, daily, in the file.
KAYAK Chief Scientist, Giorgos Zacharia, an accomplished expert in predictive modeling, who developed the KAYAK Travel Indexâ„¢ added, “the index essentially models how much an average traveler is willing to pay to visit a given destination by analyzing search behavior and selection patterns across all destinations searched on KAYAK sites.”
Sweet. Here’s a screenshot of the tool:
So what’s this got to do with SEO? Giving this level of insight away free is such a smart move, from a competitive standpoint and a link acquisition perspective. Imagine the references and citations from the travel press and blogging community a data source like this can generate! It will be very interesting to watch how this URL attracts links in the coming months.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation