Gio Compario campaign by Go Compare taken over by SEO blogs
Last year I had the good fortune to rank highly (about 4th) on Google for “compare the meerkat” and for a few weeks received hundreds and sometimes thousands of visitors every single day. This goes to show that anybody running an offline campaign needs to carry out some level of SEO otherwise the online search traffic won’t arrive at the right place.
If you have spent a lot of money on a campaign site then you don’t want searchers to arrive at somebodys blog instead.
As you can see from the screenshot below the search results for the Gio Compario campaign have been well and truly taken over by SEO & marketing blogs such as SEOptimise & Andrew in the organic results while several competitors are trying to hijack traffic with PPC ads.
In an ideal world the campaign site http://www.giocompario.com should be ranking first followed by http://www.gocompare.com in second and then Twitter/Facebook third and fourth. If the campaign is going to be a long one then it would be a good idea to try and register a trademark to stop people including the campaign name in their PPC ads.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users