GoCompare has bounced back
GoCompare has recovered from their alleged link buying penalty and is now back in the top 5 for terms such as “car insurance”.
This is clearly good news for them but the wider implication is that even penalised sites can recover, as long as they are seen to be removing all traces of paid links.
It also shows that as long as you are a quality site you can still rank for “car insurance” without buying links which is the most reassuring part of this story.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation