Google Analytics changes how image search is reported
Last week Google appears to have made a significant change to how image search referrals are reported in Google Analytics.
The change means that the traffic is reported as Google Organic rather than as referral traffic like it used to be. This means that you are likely to see a chart like the one below.
It’s not yet clear whether this is a change in Google Analytics or whether the new Google Images design is sending traffic in a different way. If it’s the latter then other analytics systems might show the same change in figures.
This will certainly cause some increases in the perceived success of SEO campaigns around the UK over the next few weeks!
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation
- Why your press releases are getting you penalised