Google is trying to change the English language
Google is one of the most trusted services in the world and when it tells me that my spellings are wrong I normally blindly accept the correction like most of the UK population. The problem is that Google is a US company and they have a different way of spelling lots of words.
Try searching for marginalisation or search engine optimisation and you can see that Google isn’t just offering a correction they are displaying search results for the Americanised search term rather than the English one. Totally unacceptable.
If Google continues to correct our spellings how long before people start to become Americanised?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users