Google News indexing Yahoo PPC ads
The top story on the front page of Google News in the UK was
displaying the following snippet earlier today:
If you are a homeowner, visit the Loans4 website to see which loan you
qualify for. Compare over 30 insurers to find the cheapest car
insurance quote. …
The nature of the story meant that posting a screenshot would be in
bad taste so I’ve included a screenshot below of the result on several
other stories. You can see the issue for yourself at this link.
It seems that Google News is indexing the content of some Overture PPC
ads on the InTheNews.co.uk website. The PPC ads are directly above the
content of the story in the page code (the site positions them to the
right using CSS) so appear in the snippet of text Google uses.
Have you seen more examples of this?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users