Google Organic Search Sent 16350 Visitors to Blogstorm Yesterday
As some of you might be aware yesterday was the First Day of Summer (not that the weather was anything like summer) and I happened to write a blog post about it.
To celebrate the occasion Google changed their logo and linked the logo through to some search results for “first day of summer 21 june“. As you might have guessed my blog post came up in the number one spot.
Being number one for this search term sent about 16,000 extra visitors to Blogstorm. Not bad for a Saturday when traffic is normally quite low.
The search term “first day of summer” was the hottest term on Google Trends thanks to the link from the Google logo.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation
- Why your press releases are getting you penalised
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images