Google Panda / Farmer update hits the UK
Late last night Google rolled out the Panda / Farmer update in the UK and confirmed the update on their official blog.
The latest update goes further than the original with 14% of queries now affected rather than 12%. They are also taking user data for blocked sites into account which wasn’t directly the case before.
We are seeing big changes for a lot of “how to” queries that we track. Ezinearticles.com and articlesbase.com are losing quite a lot of ground but are still ranking in the top 10 for a lot of queries. Interestingly Blogspot blogs and answers.google.com seem to be doing very well from this update, perhaps they are deemed higher quality than other user generated sites?
There is very little data to analyse so far but I will post again over the next few days.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users