Google testing phone numbers & H1 tags in rich snippets
Google appears to be testing a new type of rich snippet today derived from a combination of the sites telephone number and the “alt” or “title” attribute of the sites logo.
An example of this is shown in the screenshot below, you can see how Superbreak has managed to make use of this to get a very nice snippet for quite a few different keywords including “theatre breaks“. It’s not clear whether they have done this intentionally however I can’t find any other sites exhibiting the same behaviour.
The snippet is made up of the phone number and the H1 tag, which in the case of Superbreak is also the title tag of the main site logo as you can see in the screenshot below. The number is being taken from another part of the page and Google is combining it with the H1 tag.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users