Google UK market share hits 90 percent
According to the Hitwise figures for December 2007 google.co.uk had a market share of 75% while google.com had a market share of 15% making the total Google market share a staggering 90% here in the UK.
Yahoo isn’t even in the top 4.
It seems people are till using MSN/Live thanks to IE7 and Vista and people are responding to the Ask marketing drive but how can Yahoo be so low? Nobody I know uses anything other than Google.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with the fact that only Google has really figured out how to offer UK focused results with a mix of international results when they are needed.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation