Is v7n.com going cheap?
Apparently the v7n.com forum and directory is up for sale at Sitepoint priced at $500,000. To me this seems like a bargain.
The site gets 700,000 uniques per month and ranks very well in Google, revenues are $40k which means the site is selling for about 12 months revenue, that is amazingly low for a forum.
The issue gets more clouded when you look at the revenue sources, a lot of the revenue comes from people submitting to the directories which is hardly a sustainable business model. Monetizing forums is almost impossible and judging by the price of v7n the users aren’t worth much either. V7n values it’s users at around $10 each.
An interesting statistic is that if v7n was monetized as well as JohnChow.com it would earn $300,000 per month.
What do you think? Bargain?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation