Lastminute Auction could be great
A new affiliate site called Last Minute Auction shows eBay auctions that are about to end and have a price of less than $1. The idea is good but the implementation leaves something to be desired.
My tips for this site as as follows:
- Remove the ads from the right hand side until the site gets 5k uniques per day
- Use some Auction Ads banners for high value items – the commission on $1 auctions is not going to make this site rich
- Invest in a Web 2.0 logo
- Add some content – this site needs long tail traffic
- Add a blog and start linkbaiting
- Offer RSS feeds of all the data
- Blog about the best low value auctions and some high value ones with affiliate links
What do you think? Could this site be a winner?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation