Link Analysis Tool : The ultimate open source SEO tool
Backlink analysis is a trick business and can be quite resource hungry. That’s why I’ve started developing an open source Link Analysis Tool.
The tool is currently in Beta and you can download it here. My idea is that by releasing this as an open source project other programmers and skilled people can help me improve the tool based on feature requests and bug reports from the community.
The script has an auto installer to set up the Mysql databases, you will need a Yahoo API – details are in the readme. Please leave feedback and feature requests in the comments below, if any PHP programmers want to contribute then drop me an email.
What it does
- Uses Yahoo Site Explorer to find all pages on a site
- Pulls in link data for every page on the site & orders results by pages with the most links
- Allows you to drill down 2 levels deep into the link data for pages linking to the target site
- Accepts Google sitemaps imports
- Accepts single URL imports
- Lets you check the rankings for any page on any search engine
Example: I enter my competitors url and the tool brings up a list of all their pages with the most linked pages at the top of the list. I can then drill down to find not only the exact sites linking to these pages but the sites that link to the linking pages as well. This allows me to very quickly evaluate the most valuable links to target for myself.
You can distribute the script as you wish in any form (for example with your own branding), all I ask is that you leave the “About this tool” link on the right hand side of each page and the designers link at the bottom. Selling the script is not permitted.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Watch @Tim_Grice talk all things Penguin 2.0 in June’s #B3Brunch
- Content can kill your site: How to fix it
- Search expert @Tim_Grice talks Penguin 2.0 in a G+ Hangout this Thursday