Penguin, Panda & Links – The SEO Winners & Losers for 2012
2012 has seen unprecedented activity in the SEO world with Google reducing rankings thousands of sites via algorithms such as Panda and Penguin and also the less talked about “unnatural link” update.
Lots of well known sites have lost visibility recently but there are also a lot of cases where sites are ranking higher than ever before.
We asked the SEO data provider Searchmetrics to provide some data on the biggest winners and losers for 2012 so far to help shed some light on the strategies that are working (and those that are not). Searchmetrics Essentials is a great tool because it shows visibility for all sites and updates every Thursday with the winners and losers – at the moment they don’t allow you to select a custom time frame so this data is previously unseen.
The data is filtered to show sites with over 1000 visibility at the start of the year to make it cleaner.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation