Playing with Google Analytics Intelligence
Google Analytics has been adding loads of new features recently and in the last few days the Intelligence feature has finally been made live.
This new feature allows you to see an overview of the major events happening on any particular day before segmenting the data to drill down further.
You can also create alerts to warn you if your search traffic for a particular keyword drops by more than a certain percentage compared to the previous day or the same day last week.
It doesn’t seem to be able to match against average daily search traffic which would be far better and without real time reporting I’m not sure how useful this is but it’s a start. You could also use the alerts feature to monitor Digg traffic spikes but again the data isn’t real time so it’s not that useful.
Creating a custom alert:
Screenshot of the main Intelligence feature:
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation