Please help my experiment to see if Google Starred Results affect rankings
Google is increasingly starting to personalise search results for users and they even have a feature called Starred Results which allows users to make a note of their favourite sites for a particular search result.
We assume that when you “favourite” a site by clicking on the star it gives that site a boost in your personalised results but what isn’t clear is whether it gives the site a boost for every search user.
I would like to do an experiment and need your help in doing this so if you could follow the steps below that would be fantastic.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Google account
- Search for “search engine optimisation” on Google.co.uk
- Click the star on the right hand site of the result for Blogstorm (shown in the screenshot below)
I will report back on the results in a week or so.
Thanks for your help.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users