SEO Beginners Guide From Google, what about links?
Google has published an excellent guide about SEO today (embedded below) but I don’t think it gives enough information to small business owners about the importance of links.
Most people I meet have an understanding of basic on-page SEO. Very few people understand that for a new site to get to the top of even a moderately competitive industry it’s going to need the attention of a skilled link builder.
Isn’t this something Google needs to address in more detail? I realise it’s a tricky subject but it’s important to give small business owners the same knowledge that people in the SEO industry have. I don’t necessarily mean knowledge about how to build links but at least a basic understanding of just how important they are.
Watch out for part 2, the Google Link Acquisition Starter Guide.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users