SEO Competitor Sabotage Exhibit 1
Competitor sabotage is something that website owners and SEO companies need to watch out for, we are developing software to track the problem for our clients but a lot of small companies are unprepared and totally unprotected.
A Blogstorm reader sent this email today, his competitor has hired an SEO company who appear to be deleting as many of his links as possible by pretending to be a web design company.
I can’t imagine sabotaging your competitors is legal, is it?
To whom it may concern,
We are working for a company called XXXXXXX of which they have a link from your site. We are currently undergoing a website redesign and this will extend to the site structure.
As we are going to be making changes to the relevant pages and their page names, we would kindly ask that you remove any links from your website as they may be out of date and could potentially have a negative effect on your own site.
I hope that this request shouldn’t be an issue but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address.
Senior Web Developer
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Why your press releases are getting you penalised
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!