Sony Ericsson W595 Viral Marketing Campaign
Sony Ericsson has created an interesting viral marketing campaign to take advantage of the Halloween period this week. Halloween is something that captures a lot of peoples imagination on blogs and social networks so this is a very interesting case study.
The W595 Darkside campaign involves YouTube, Facebook and the Google Maps API and allows users to personalize a spooky faux news report on YouTube, using your personal information and picture which is then spread virally around Facebook and via email to their friends.
The system works perfectly and I can see this really going viral this week if it hasn’t already. In order to see how it works check out the website (screenshot below) and give it a try.
The Sony Ericsson W595 is scheduled for UK release towards the end of this year.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users