Startup 1BigPresent Creates Gift Lists for your Party
Yesterday I met a local startup company to discuss a new site they’ve launched called 1 Big Present which allows you to set up a gift list for a party, wedding or any other kind of event.
The idea is that rather than everybody turning up at the party with gifts you didn’t want you can direct them to your online gift list where they upload money that you can redeem for vouchers at places such as Amazon & John Lewis.
The site is one of the few brand new sites we see that has a real chance of becoming a mainstream website. It has all the boxes ticked – concept, design and even viral marketing elements.
If you’re having a party and 50 guests each pay Â£5 into your birthday fund that gives you a Â£250 voucher rather than 50 small gifts you didn’t really want. Apparently kids who have used the service for their parties have walked away with hundreds of pounds already.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation
- Why your press releases are getting you penalised
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images