StumbleUpon sending fake traffic to fake pages
Update: I checked my logs a bit better and it seems these guys are using my GA code. Lets hope they figure it out before management asks where the traffic went.
StumbleUpon is sending hundreds of visitors to pages on my site that don’t exist. Pages like /limousines-cute.php, /Unique-limo.html and /stumbleviral4.php
The site hasn’t been hacked and the pages give 404 errors so Google Analytics doesn’t even get loaded up so I don’t understand how it can be measuring traffic let alone getting any traffic.
My only idea is that somebody is using my Google Analytics code on their site.
Anybody else seeing this?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users