Why The AA doesn't rank for car insurance
The AA is a pretty reputable company in the UK and is an excellent choice if you are looking for some car insurance.
It might surprise you to see that TheAA.com doesn’t rank on the first page when you search for “car insurance” on Google, in fact they are stuck on page 3.
One of the reasons behind this is that they don’t understand the benefits of anchor text, lets look at their linking conditions:
You are not permitted to include a link from your site to our site unless you have agreed to and accepted these Terms and Conditions.The link:
- must be in one or more of the following text link formats: ‘the AA’, ‘AA’, ‘The Automobile Association’ or ‘www.theAA.com’;
- must, when used in body text, appear in the same font and font size as text in which it appears on your site; and
- may direct traffic to any page on our site.
You may remove the link from your site at any time. To enable us to keep our records up to date, please notify us by email at customer.services@the AA.com in the event that you remove the link from your site.
Well, I seem to have broken some of those in my link above so lets see what happens.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation