Google Analytics: How to track all your outgoing links the easy way
One of the common questions asked following my posts about Google Analytics was “How can I track the traffic to external links without adding the onClick code to each and every link?”
With a bit of searching I found a script that you can place in the header file at the top of each of your pages (you might need to edit the templates if you run WordPress). The script tracks clicks to external links and reports them in Google Analytics. You need to filter the results in the “Top Content” tab to show page views for “outgoinglink” to get the pages to show.
Let me know how it works out for you.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users