Two Fantastic Things to Start Your Week
Some of you who have been reading Blogstorm from the beginning might remember my hotlink builder script. Basically when a visitor right clicked on an image they were presented with some code to hotlink the image which included a link back to the page – a fantastic automated linkbuilding method.
As ever with online scripts there are always lots of ways to implement the same thing and my implementation was pretty basic. However Michael VanDeMar has improved on the script with a pretty amazing implementation. If you get any traffic from Google Images then installing this script is a must.
Right click the image below for a demo (won’t work for feed readers).
Secondly I enjoyed reading Why Spam Pays by Brian Turner, here is my favourite quote:
Whatever the good intentions of DigitalPointâ€™s Shaun Hogan, the co-op network has become nothing more than the biggest link spam network on the web.
And itâ€™s free. And easily accessible.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation