Web Hosting and why we use Burton Hosting
Update: August 2008, We have moved hosts and this blog is now with Media Temple. The support we received from Burton Hosting during a period of downtime was non-existent so, despite Burton Hosting being very fast, we decided to move hosts.
Last week we transferred the BlogStorm hosting to Burton Hosting after they won the Web 2.0 Hosting Test. Since we transferred the hosting to Burton the uptime has gone from about 90% per day to 99% or 100% every day.
BlogStorm runs cron jobs every minute of every day to analyse all the data and our widgets are displayed on some high traffic sites so we can’t afford to have any downtime or even to run a bit slowly.
Until last week I’d never had a site with Burton Hosting but they are already a company I am happy to recommend. Matthew in the support department answers emails promptly and they have 24 hour telephone support.
As you can see from this speed test the site loads quickly (within a second most of the time) and the main thing slowing it down is Google Analytics.
Hosting plans start at $6 per month for 10GB space and 100GB bandwidth.
Burton Hosting – Oficially the best host for surviving Digg
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation