Why the UK SEO industry doesn't have an image problem
Lots of people think that the SEO industry has an image problem but here in the UK we don’t really see it that way. I meet with clients all the time who have had a bad experience with a particular SEO company in the past but they always blame the company, not the industry.
Nobody I’ve ever met in the UK has described what we do in a negative light while in the US everybody seems to paint SEO’s as scammers.
There are two types of people who make a lot of money in this industry, ones that are very good at SEO and work in a small team on their own projects and the others who have managed to take their SEO skills to the corporate level.
Just because you are great at SEO doesn’t mean you are great at the business side of things. Watching the “top 51 search marketers” insulting a potential client with a six figure monthly budget and then being celebrated on the worlds biggest SEO blog made every SEO in the UK cringe while most in the US thought it was very funny.
What does that tell you?
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- After five years, Google still doesn’t know how to rank images
- Tickets now on sale for the next #B3Seminar in London – book now!
- Google Only Shows One Organic Result To iPad Users