WordPress Crawl Rate Tracker Plugin
Google Webmaster Central offers a nice graphing feature so you can see the crawl trends but there is no way to access meaningful data. Studying crawl rate is hugely important because it helps you find out which pages are trusted most by the search engines (especially Google). The more Google trusts a page the greater the frequency it will re-visit that page. If you build a few deep links and see your crawl rate for the target page suddenly increase you can be confident that the links are highly trusted and that you should try to get some more.
Today we are releasing a plugin for WordPress that allows you to track crawl activity for MSN, Yahoo & Google from your dashboard.
- Access crawl data for 3 main search engines
- See the exact times a spider accessed any page on your site
- Monitor your crawl rate over time
- Discover how crawl rate is related to PageRank
A big thanks to Open Flash Charts for the graph function.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Early thoughts on Penguin 2.0
- 5 myths about manual penalty recovery
- Google gets more aggressive with link devaluation