WordPress Plugin: Crawl Rate Tracker
Here at Branded3, we love WordPress. It is a brilliantly easy-to-use CMS, based on industry standards making it easy to develop for. It’s also very powerful, going beyond the ‘blog’ moniker that made it famous originally.
WordPress is used to power a very large variety of websites, including sites for: eBay, Yahoo!, Ford, Sony, Samsung and Mozilla Firefox – to name only a few. Whilst these big brands aren’t necessarily running their main websites on the platform, they do entrust it to power microsites and blogs that support their site.
One of the many advantages of WordPress is that it has a very large community of developers, who continually give back in the way of plugins and templates. In order to do our part, we’ve released a plugin to the masses via wordpress.org, called the Crawl Rate Tracker.
This is actually version 2 of this plugin, with the original being released back in 2008. We’ve completely re-written the plugin, and we’ve also added the ability to see the number of pages crawled per day, and the number of crawls. Also, by releasing this new version through WordPress.org, we can take advantage of pushing out updates automagically to people using the plugin.
Latest from B3Labs
- Another milestone reached for Branded3 as it’s acquired by the
St Ives Group
- The latest media consumer findings & what they mean for digital marketers
- Talk to Branded3 at @BuyYorkshire in Leeds next week!
Latest from Blogstorm
- Content can kill your site: How to fix it
- Search expert @Tim_Grice talks Penguin 2.0 in a G+ Hangout this Thursday
- Can Content Marketing kill Google Panda?