Today we are releasing a new plugin for WordPress that allows you to monetize your long tail traffic better than ever before. The plugin works by taking the keyword that a visitor used to find your site in any major search engine and turns it into an affiliate link.
This plugin works great on product sites and is especially useful if you send visitors to sites like Amazon & Ebay as the visitor will be given a cookie and you get credit for future purchases.
You can customise the link to go anywhere including your site search page if you don’t want to sell products. Screenshots of how it works are below. Please note that I don’t use it on Blogstorm so don’t try to make it work.
- Upload affiliateplugin.php to your plugins folder
- Edit buy.php to include your Ebay publisher id or change the link to somewhere else as you wish
- Upload buy.php to your main directory
- Activate the plugin
- Go into your WordPress > Options > Affiliate link options menu and change the link suffix & prefix
- Add the code below to your Single Post page wherever you want the ad to appear
<?php $referer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
Update: You might also like to integrate these scripts-
Visitor searches on Google & clicks on your site
Keywords are turned into an affiliate link
Visitor clicks on the affiliate link