One of the best ways to get somebody to read your website or blog is to write about them and link either to their website or a recent blog post they published. Every top blogger has a number of reputation monitoring tools they use to see what’s being said about them and they probably read most of the comments.
The key to attracting the most attention once they have read your post is to send them a huge amount of traffic. Nothing improves your reputation as much as when you link to a bigger site and send 1000 unique visitors.
Here are the top ways to drive traffic to another blog:
- Featuring the link twice in your article, once at the start and once at the end.
- Using call to action anchor text
- Get your blog post on Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon etc
- Click the link 20 times yourself
- Leave out a vital piece of information so the reader has to click on the link
Another good method is to wait until a famous blogger publishes a video on YouTube and then drive as much traffic as possible to the video. If you send enough you get a spiderable link from underneath the video telling the world exactly how much traffic you sent. The value of being top of this list can be quite high.