Linkbait Tuesdays is a weekly feature where I offer tips for a readers website and then invite the community to offer their advice in the comments. If you want tips for your site sign up to Linkbait School.
Today we are looking at ideas for promoting Karans Guesthouse in India. To help other people I will try to focus on general methods to promote a guest house or hotel website.
First of all the site needs to be changed, at present there are several factors preventing the site from attracting links:
- Use a standard layout
- Give the site a nice header image
- Add a photo gallery
- Add a Google location map
- Maybe use a free SEO friendly CMS or WordPress
- Move to a .com domain rather than a .info
- Keep it simple
The tips above will make the site linkable, at the moment nobody will link to it because of the design & layout.
Now we have to add a reason to link to it.
- Add a guide to the local town
- Create interactive maps
- Add restaurant reviews & tell the restaurants they are listed
- Publish local news
- Interview local businesses
- Let other people use your photos with a link back to your site
- Link to other guest houses, exchanging a few links is good
- Make sure you are listed on all lists of accommodation in the town
- Target local business/conference centres
If you have other suggestions please post below.
What sort of sites would you like to see in this column in future? Niche sites or mainstream? Blogs or normal sites?