RE: Making Money to Support your £1Billion Valuation
I have money. Not a lot of it. And I don’t want to give it all away. But I do have some. I would like to reach out from my pocket and give you a few quid if it makes a difference. However, unlike you, I don’t want to give anything away free, so please find below some things I want to pay you for.
OK, I want to pay for the use of my account. It has made huge difference to the way I work and mix with my community. And because of twitter, I feel valued amongst my peers. So I would pay you a fee of £5 a month for the use of my a/c. It’s not a lot, but like I said I have money, but not a lot of it. If you don’t want to charge me, I still want to give it to you to show my appreciation for a great service. Please let me know where I can send you the £60 a year.
I am a marketer. I love data. I am also very nosy. So I will pay you a further £2 a month to find out:
- A time line of my followers and when the started following me.
- Who left my followers count (I used Qwitter but it doesn’t work properly anymore. Anyway I want the data in a dashboard please.)
- I would like to know who blocks me.
I am willing to pay you an extra £10 a month to show me some real stats. Something like Google Analytics. Some of the stuff I would love to track:
- Number of clicks on tweet links I send out.
- Retweet numbers
- Who retweeted and who clicked on my links. (yeah I KNOW you are tracking clicks – just share that data with me, please)
- People who clicked on my profile link.
- Incoming links to my profile from other sites.
- Number of visitors coming through my profile from other sites and search engines.
- What keywords people used to find my links.
- I want it all in ONE place.
So as a simple user, I am willing to part with £17 a month for the above. I know you have an analytics service coming out for businesses, but I am not that rich. And I know there are third party tools that can give me a lot of this data. But they aren’t very reliable, and I don’t want to pay them, I want to pay YOU. So you can improve the service better. So I can show you my appreciation.
p.s I asked a few people whether they would like the service…
p.p.s Of the millions of users you have, even at a ceiling of £10 a month, and say 50,000 users buy the service, then you get £500,000 a month = £6M a year. Not a billion quid, but better than you are getting now right? Plus I am a cheapskate, I wouldn’t pay more, although the hundreds of small / medium sized businesses may pay much more.
p.p.p.s Can I get a cut of that action?