Today, we received some great news from the Sitecore team in that they are introducing a revised Professional Plus version of their license to help support mid-level customers get the most out of Sitecore and its marketing platform. Some of the additional benefits of the Plus edition are:
- Ability to include four Sitecore Server instances in a solution (previous limit was three)
- Up to 15 concurrent users on the authoring server (previously 10)
- Additional legal entities can be added to the license
- Unlimited domains
The ability to include four servers in a solution means that customers can now create a system with fail-over support and separate UAT environment all under one solution, this normally requires the uplift to Enterprise edition however now we can look to set up:
- Load Balanced Delivery server
- Production CEP Management Server
- UAT CEP Management Server
Overall, the savings to the license fee can be upwards of £50,000 which is a fantastic saving for a great platform.
As a Sitecore partner, we’re really looking forward to what to what other treats Sitecore will be offering in 2014 along with new versions of the latest Sitecore version 7 platform.