If you didn’t already know by now, the Branded3 team are really big fans of the Sitecore Experience Platform and the latest report from Forrester gives a good heads up as to why it’s such a great Web Content Management System (WCMS). The platform has received recognition as a leader in the WCMS category with Adobe being the only other major vendor in this space.
‘Sitecore offers a suite that includes a WCM backbone, integrated with marketing software, analytics, and social media integration, and even a commerce server.
The report is based on a number of core criteria including cloud, mobile, marketing and commerce with the latter two elements being key differentiators for Sitecore. Although they are all different, it’s great to see that all of the vendors have a similar vision in providing a complete marketing platform that is focused on the customer experience.
The report gives a background to the process they carried out and gives some insight into the way WCMS’s are evolving to meet the demands of consumers and more digitally experienced marketers and administrators.
All of the platforms are now delivering the standard ability to create and manage content quicker and easier than in the past with as little technical knowledge as possible, but some of the more advanced features that are becoming higher in demand and driving the visionary aspects include:
- Optimisation: the ability to measure, test, analyse and evolve the effectiveness of your site content
- Marketing automation: integrating with email, SMS and other content delivery mechanisms to send targeted messaging
- Personalisation: the ability to segment and personalise the experience based on visitor data
- Multichannel integration: the ability to control your content thorugh a single platform but distribute via multi-channel such as social or mobile
- Commerce: the integration of transaction processes, catalogues and product workflows
The report outlines the usual competitor vendors Acquia (Drupal) in the next band down in strong performers and EPiServer slightly lower in the contenders band. They are both great platforms in their own right but I do lean towards Sitecore for the vision and direction the company has for the experience platform.
You can download a copy of the report direct from the Sitecore website: The Forrester Wave: Web CMS, Q1 2015