From experience I hate using shopping carts and find that every single CMS is very SEO unfriendly out of the box (apart from perhaps WordPress).
Can any readers recommend a shopping cart in PHP that is 100% SEO friendly?
The features it must have are:
- Static urls such as site.com/products/product-name/
- Ability to 301 redirect any url on the site to any other url
- Auto generated titles, meta descriptions and h1 tags for each page
- Ability to over-ride all titles, meta descriptions and h1 tags on each page
- Content placed above navigation in the html code
- No session ID’s
- No Duplicate content
- Some level of security so it doesn’t get hacked